Saturday, June 25, 2005

finding web partners

When thinking about drawing in linking partners I get most of the information I use to determine that in my research. I use a lot of common sense and then I push it where I can. It's got to be real yes, but also interesting and different. I can't do exactly what my neighbor is doing. I want them looking at what I'm doing, trying to figure me out not so much the other way.

Affiliate Marketing Residual Income
Tax Deductible Items (its)
Taxable Items Real Estate Mortgage Non-deductible

Believe me, I think we all should be cutting our teeth on themes, once again that is a foundational issue, developed along with keywords at the very beginning of the site development strategy itself.

Bar Graph software
Headlines software
Data management
Data grouping software
Download GRML Pioneer

By the time we get to the linking strategy portion of the plan all of that has been figured out, unfortunately all too many sites seem to be leaving steps out along the way, sidestepping. That's why I'm here now harping with all my pet peeves. There are different ways I approach determining who my reciprocal partners will be, where they fit into my audience.

Pioneer Report MDI
GRML web browsers
Tree MDI GRML
Headlines MDI GRML
GRML Bar Graphs

Looking out at an audience full of potential linking partners, knowing my production is dependent on their participation, gives the whole planning process an extra zing. It's really more like selecting the jury. Top trial lawyers spend big bucks determining who is one that jury.

GRML Intranet Software
GRML Browsers
Intranet Software
Graphs
Headlines MDI Web Browsers

Think for a moment about who you want to link to you. Where do you find your link partner audience?

Pioneer Report MDI GRML Browsers
Tree GRML Web Browsers
Bar Pie Graphs Charts
Graphing software
Headlines Browsers

If I am selling blenders I can't think how a mail order bride site fits. Of course, I can get real creative and create content around new brides. Draw it into how the right blender will be the defining issue on whether the marriage will work. Tie this back to immigrants and how they might not have understood that when they married.

Seems like a lot of work. It is too much stress to figure out and I'm not so sure about the return. With blenders it is easier if I started with the other kitchen products, kitchen designers, and contractors. I can get creative and think about new brides (not mail order), first-time homebuyers, or recipe clubs.

GRML web browsers
Pioneer Report
MDI GMRL web browsers
Tree MDI Browsers
GRML Browsers

I just have to be dedicated to creating the content and building out the site around this audience so it makes sense. I've given them a reason to want to link back to me.